Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The front porch

Before you read today's post, I wanted to thank everyone who has sign up to follow my blog.  Before I started blogging, I never signed up as a follower.  Now, I am going back and signing up on many of the blogs that I read.  I realize that it is exciting to see the list of followers increase. 


So last night I worked on the front porch of the Tumbleweed House.  The porch is made of basswood, and I stained it a light, golden honey color.  Then, I sealed it with a coat of Future floor wax.  I really like the way that it turned out. 
The porch before staining.
After staining and sealing.

I then decided to decorate the front of the house, just to see what it might look like when it is finished.  I added a little terracotta planter/birdbath/bird feeder to the side.  I have add this piece for a long time just waiting for the perfect place to hang it.  Don't you love the tiny bird and the touch of turquoise?


Next, I hung the mailbox and the numbers for the address.  I wanted the address to be the year that I built the Tumbleweed House.  The numbers are a little crooked, but they are fine for now.

Dh did say that he would help me straighten the numbers.

Lastly, I added a birdhouse on a stand and a plant near the front door.  I think it looks pretty good so far.

Home Sweet Home.


Up next, hanging a porch swing on the side porch.





With warm regards,
Stacy

3 comments:

  1. Hi i love the porch.:) Welcome to the world of blogging. It is a lot of fun and i wish you well. I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.
    Greetings Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, Stacy! I love your little porch. It looks so welcoming. The tiny mailbox and house numbers are so sweet, as is the birdbath. Looking forward to seeing more!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am following you now. I found your blog through http://leminisdicockerina.blogspot.com/

    I love the tiny terracotta bird feeder. Your little home is turning out lovely.

    Sarah K.
    GSOLFOT
    http://pecanpieminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete